January 8, 2020 at 3:54 am #23358
Why is it that coming off as needy is something that women find so unattractive that it is a deal-breaker for them, but this is not so for men? I’ve noticed that with pretty much all the men that I’ve encountered, while they find neediness in women incredibly annoying, they will find a woman attractive despite this and will put up with a woman’s needy behaviour for quite a long time before ending a relationship (if ending it at all). Whereas the understanding I have with women (from this site and other places) is that neediness is not just very annoying but that it actually causes a guy to be very unattractive, so much so that they will never want absolutely anything to do with a guy who shows this neediness in the first place. Why is there this asymmetry in terms of accepting needy behaviour? Does this indicate that men are more accepting of (non-physical) personal defects?January 8, 2020 at 4:03 am #23359
Also, not only does this needy behaviour cause men to be unattractive, but it almost seems like women demonstrate a visceral hatred for men who display this behaviour, whereas at most men will just find this behaviour very annoying and exhausting if they see it in a woman.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Join the conversation
- Having your boundaries respected with trolls by Vaom
- Creating a Tinder profile when you are a serious rather than a funny person by Vaom
- How to be succesfully honest with people when your communication skills suck by Víctor Javier Fernández Megía
- (Helpme ) Making less money but feeling more in control of my life by rawbert gutierrez jr
- The Journey Continues: Amber-Leigh Taylor by Anthony Love
- A New Realization for experiencing connection by Miguel