April 29, 2019 at 11:41 am #22685
I’ve been doing a weight loss challenge over the last 6 or so weeks and it’s been going well. So well, in fact, that I’m now the lightest I’ve been in 13 years.
It feels good. It feels like I’m winning. It’s the first time I’ve ever done something like this (I used to have to try to put on weight for football) and so it’s good to know I can make this work.April 30, 2019 at 12:13 pm #22699
Well done mate. How do you feel compared to when you were trying to put on weight?April 30, 2019 at 9:58 pm #22701
It’s interesting. The more time I spend trying to manipulate my weight, the more I realise it’s basically about calories. Yes, exercise plays a role, but that role is so insignificant in comparison to your diet that it’s almost not worth talking about.
Food determines size, exercise determines shape.
At least, that’s what it seems like to me.
There’s a great article here if you’re keen to explore it: https://www.vox.com/2018/1/3/16845438/exercise-weight-loss-myth-burn-caloriesMay 1, 2019 at 5:53 am #22705
Yeah you’re on point. It’s all calorie consumption. To prove it’s literally just caloric maintenance. This guy ate nothing but McDonalds and still lost weight.
And exercise has a cap. You can only burn so many calories. As long as you’re not trying to bodybuild. Calisthenics, caloric balance, anaerobic activity for your cardiovascular system and yoga for your joints and muscles then you’re a healthy man with the least amount of effort. So in effect: Meditate in the morning followed by yoga, drink water, have a nice breakfast, go on a run during the day and do some pushups and you’re good to go by noon.May 1, 2019 at 5:56 am #22706
As an aside. I want to do the opposite and get fucking jacked. Do you have an advice/resources? I’m a naturally skinny little fuck with tiny bones.May 1, 2019 at 8:32 pm #22712
I’m was a naturally skinny guy and just kept lifting and lifting and lifting. I’ve been lifting for 15 years now and maxed out at about 20kg heavier than I started.
Like you said, it’s all calories. I had a friend who put on 15kg in 9 months by lifting and eating 4,000 calories per day. You just got to load up and then put it to work.
Start a challenge. Get into it. Nothing will keep you moving forward that public shaming 🙂May 3, 2019 at 7:23 am #22723
[quote quote=22714]You ever have a hard time eating all that food?[/quote]
Not at all. In fact, it’s the opposite. Just focus on increasing your fat intake.
Did you know 100gm of cashews has 1/4 of your recommended daily caloric intake? I fucking love roasted cashews. They’re my biggest challenge.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Join the conversation
- Preoccupied with coming off as needy; it’s hurting my interactions with others by Vaom
- Hello from Argentina by Victor
- Keep hearing "my boyfriend", even with women I'm not interested in. by Vaom
- Is the way I'm behaving making certain people more guarded? by Vaom
- The more cynical I am towards others, the higher my confidence levels by Vaom
- Rory – Written Exercise Week 10
- B on NOTICE: If you’re blocked from registering or posting or replying, this is why and what to do
- B on Keep hearing "my boyfriend", even with women I'm not interested in.
- Victor on Porn , habits, values: series
- Miguel on The more cynical I am towards others, the higher my confidence levels
- Miguel on Keep hearing "my boyfriend", even with women I'm not interested in.
- Ashley on The more cynical I am towards others, the higher my confidence levels