April 15, 2019 at 9:55 am #21917
I’m currently using a lazy version of Keto for my ‘be less fat challenge‘, but I’m interested in other diets.
Has anyone tried intermittent fasting? The 16/8 version looks interesting and definitely doable and the reported benefits I heard of helping with other health factors sounds interesting.
Has anyone ever tried straight-up fasting for extended periods of time? That’s not exactly my cup of tea but once again, I’ve heard it has interesting side effects.April 16, 2019 at 5:43 am #21925
I want to go on one of those, “don’t eat for 5 days things”, I heard it gets fucking life changing. Like you don’t look at food the same way again. You should do that. That’d be cray.April 16, 2019 at 9:21 am #21927
5 day fast?? I’m guessing it would definitely change the way you look at food.
I remember when I first came back from Bali. My wife and I had been living there for 2 months and the quality of the fresh produce is, well, ‘developing nation’ standard. Everything is shrivelled and dried out and marked – probably just the way we’ve eaten food for the last 50,000 years, before the invention of the modern capitalist machine.
We got back to Australia and walked into a fresh produce market. I was overcome to just run and grab everything I could see. It was so clean and perfect and delicious.
The trip really changed the way I see food, especially how blessed we are to get what we have.
Don’t know if I’ll do a 5 day fast, but I’m up for living in Bali for 2 months again! 🙂May 6, 2019 at 6:12 am #22746
[quote quote=21917]I’m currently using a lazy version of Keto for my ‘be less fat challenge‘, but I’m interested in other diets.[/quote]
Hey mate. Check out the “blue zones” diet. Technically it’s a lifestyle, not just a diet (even though the diet part it’s the most popular). I think it can be really insightful in terms of health and longevity. And having in mind your goal is to lose fat, I think it can be really helpful for you.May 6, 2019 at 9:11 am #22765
[quote quote=22746]Check out the “blue zones” diet. [/quote]
Just checked it out. I like that it’s researched backed, but it’s basically the same as the diet I was on before I started the ‘be less fat’ challenge. I don’t do well on carbs. My energy levels swing all over the place, I find it much harder to exercise, and I just put on weight.
Are you on it? What’s your experience been like?May 25, 2019 at 12:11 pm #22942
I understand. We all have different metabolisms and different genetics. The first time I tried this diet I lost weight like crazy. My main focus was on fruits and vegetables. I think it all comes down to the amount of calories you are consuming.May 25, 2019 at 10:14 pm #22943
[quote quote=22942]I think it all comes down to the amount of calories you are consuming.[/quote]
The more I spend looking at diets, the more I think it’s just this. It really all comes back to this and which diet is going to allow you to do that the best. My body tends to respond well to fats. I CRAVE them, far more than sugar, and they fill me up quickly. It makes it easy to stay under my TDEE and drop weight.
In saying that, I am getting lazy and starting to graze more. I need to cut that back to just eating meals when I’m hungry and not eating when I’m not.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Join the conversation
- Preoccupied with coming off as needy; it’s hurting my interactions with others by Vaom
- Hello from Argentina by Victor
- Keep hearing "my boyfriend", even with women I'm not interested in. by Vaom
- Is the way I'm behaving making certain people more guarded? by Vaom
- The more cynical I am towards others, the higher my confidence levels by Vaom
- Rory – Written Exercise Week 10
- B on NOTICE: If you’re blocked from registering or posting or replying, this is why and what to do
- B on Keep hearing "my boyfriend", even with women I'm not interested in.
- Victor on Porn , habits, values: series
- Miguel on The more cynical I am towards others, the higher my confidence levels
- Miguel on Keep hearing "my boyfriend", even with women I'm not interested in.
- Ashley on The more cynical I am towards others, the higher my confidence levels